Go back to License Overview
- Peopleimages is committed to protecting your privacy. We uphold strict security procedures for the collection, storage, use and disclosure of your Personal Information which this Policy details. The terms of this Policy apply to all Personal Information gathered at and/or by Peopleimages. For the purpose of this clause, "Personal Information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.dfa.gov.za/department/accessinfo_act.pdf
- 1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- 1.1. Peopleimages automatically collects various information about you such as your IP address, access times, browser information, operating system and the site that referred you to us. We may also collect and analyse navigational information such as pages you view, links you click and other actions performed by you on the Site. Your Personal Information is only collected after you have given us consent to collect that specific information. Personal Information collected includes, but is not limited to:
- 1.1.1. Information supplied by you when registering on the Site, including your username and password, full name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number.
- 1.1.2. Information supplied by you during a purchase, such as a credit card number and billing address.
- 1.1.3. If you are a contributor, freelancer or affiliate, the information provided by you for compensation including financial institution, and also information supplied by you for personal identification such as a copy of your passport, driver's license and/or other personal identification documentation.
- 2. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 2.1. Peopleimages uses your Personal Information to ensure the best possible service and to tailor the site to your specific requirements. Some of the key functions and features where you Personal Information is used are as follows:
- 2.1.1. Create and administer your membership account.
- 2.1.2. Process your orders and financial transactions.
- 2.1.3. Respond to customer services requests and communicate relevant information with you.
- 2.1.4. Perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies.
- 2.1.5. Customise your experience, including targeting our services and offerings based upon your interests to you.
- 2.1.6. if you are a contributor to Peopleimages - Identify your content, compensate you and prepare tax information.
- 3. DATA STORAGE AND RETENTION
- 3.1. Personal Information collected by Peopleimages and its affiliates may be stored and processed in South Africa, Denmark or any other country in which Peopleimages or its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities. We will obtain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to deactivate your account or request that we delete or no longer use your information to provide you services, please send a request to email@example.com. Where necessary, we will retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, enforce our agreements and to resolve any disputes that may arise.
- 4. PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARING
- 4.1. Except in situations stated in this Policy, Peopleimages does not disclose, lease, sell, rent, lend or make available your Personal Information to any third-parties. We may disclose your Personal Information to third party service providers or partners who render services on our behalf. Such services may include, but are not limited to data storage, transaction processing, transferring of money, etc. These third party service providers (i) shall be permitted to obtain only the Personal Information they need to provide the service, (ii) must protect Personal Information to the same extent as Peopleimages, and (iii) shall be prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
- 4.2. We may disclose your Personal Information to the Getty Images Group, provided that the Getty Images Group uses your Personal Information for the same purposes and protects it to the same degree, as set out in this Policy. Personal Information disclosed to the Getty Images Group may be available to the United States government or its agencies under a lawful order made in a court of competent jurisdiction in the US.
- 4.3. Information about our customers, including Personal Information, may be disclosed as part of any acquisition, absorption or sale of the company and/or its assets, as well as in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, insolvency or receivership, in which Personal Information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company. We reserves the right to disclose and pass Personal Information of the User if it is required or permitted to do so by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our company.
- 5. ACCESS TO OWN PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 5.1. If you would like to review or edit information that you previously provided to us, you may access and change your Personal Information in the “Edit Account” section of your Profile on the Site. You may also contact Customer Support at +27 87 550 1418 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- 7. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 7.1. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to help protect your Personal Information, both during transmission and once we receive it. Some of the standards and practices we follow include but are not limited to the following:
- 7.1.1. Very few and carefully selected employees have limited access to parts of your Personal Information specifically necessary to provide services to you.
- 7.1.2. All employees are bound by and agree to our Company Policies and Code of Conduct which includes confidentiality clauses to protect customer and other confidential information.
- 7.1.3. Ensuring that partners and third party service providers sign confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information and not to use it for any unauthorised purposes.
- 7.1.4. Encrypting of payment data and credit card information on our checkout page using secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
- 7.1.5. Storing your Personal Information in encrypted form on secure computer systems which protect it from unauthorised access or use.
- 7.2. Ultimately, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is perfect and 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot fully guarantee its absolute security. If a password is used to protect your account and Personal Information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. If you have any questions about the security on the Site, you may contact us at email@example.com
- 8. OPEN ID CONTRIBUTORS
- 8.1. You can log in to the Site using sign-in services and connectors such as Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, LinkedIn, AOL and Google+. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain Personal Information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our registration form. Some of these services also give you the option to post information such as images to your profile page to share with others within your social network.
- 9. MINORS
- 9.1. We do not intend to solicit or purposefully collect Personal Information from persons under 18 years of age without parental or legal guardian consent. If you are under 18, you shall not enter Personal Information or use the Site in any way prior to obtaining the aforementioned consent. Please contact Customer Support at +27 87 550 1418 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to obtain the necessary parental or legal guardian consent forms.
- 10. LINKS
- 11. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- 11.1. We reserve the right to change the terms of this Policy at any time. When we make changes, we will revise the "last updated" date at the top of the Policy. If we make any file (or material) changes we will notify you by means of a notice on the Site prior to the change coming into effect. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
- 12. GENERAL
- 12.1. The original, legally binding version of this document is written in English, and it may at times be translated into other languages for the courtesy of our non-English-speaking users. If there are any discrepancies between the English version and a translated version, the English version supersedes the translated version.
- 13. CONTACT US
- 13.1. If you have any questions, comments, complaints or suggestions regarding this Policy, you may forward them to email@example.com or via postal mail to 10 Kloof Street, Gardens, Cape Town, South Africa, 8001.
© 2012 - 2024 peopleimages. All rights reserved.